WordPress 5.7 Beta 2 is now available for testing!
This software is still in development, so it’s not recommended to run this version on a production site. Consider setting up a test site to play with it.
You can test the WordPress 5.7 Beta 2 in two ways:
- Install/activate the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (select the
Bleeding edgechannel and the
- Direct download the beta version here (zip).
The current target for final release is March 9, 2021. That’s just four weeks away, so your help is vital to making sure that the final release is as good as it can be.
- Italicized text has been removed to improve accessibility and readability (#47326)
- Pause any playing media when closing the the media modal (#48562)
- Add Content-Security-Policy script loaders (#39941)
- Several fixes for the Twenty Twenty-One theme (#50454, #52432, #52433, #52473, #52477, #52374)
- Gutenberg editor support for custom spacing (#51760)
- Resolved Menu UI issues on medium-large screen sizes (#49576)
- Admin UI color palette: ensure that all interactive elements have an appropriate contrast ratio (#52402)
How You Can Help
Watch the Make WordPress Core blog for 5.7-related developer notes in the coming weeks, which will break down these and other changes in greater detail.
Do some testing!
If you think you’ve found a bug, please post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. We would love to hear from you! If you’re comfortable writing a reproducible bug report, file one on WordPress Trac. That’s also where you can find a list of known bugs.