WordPress five. 6 Beta 4 is currently available for testing!
This particular software is still in advancement, so we advise that you run this edition on a test site.
You can look at the WordPress 5. six beta in two ways:
- Try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (choose the “bleeding edge nightlies” option).
- Or download the beta here (zip) .
The current focus on for the final release will be December 8, 2020. This really is just over 3 weeks away , so that your help is needed to ensure this particular release is tested correctly.
Thank you to all of the members that tested the beta 3 development release and offered feedback. Testing for insects is an important part of polishing every release and a great way in order to contribute to WordPress.
A few Highlights
Since beta a few, 42 bugs have been fixed. Here is a overview of a few changes included in beta 4:
- There was a big change to the auto-updates implementation for brand spanking new installations of the software ( #50907 ). Next steps , and rationale are available.
- Added better handling associated with unexpected values in Web site Health ( #50145 ).
- Added a way with regard to developers to filter the particular available authors list within Quick Edit ( #47685 ).
- More accessible dealing with of the tag cloud golf widget ( #51455 ).
- Multiple enhancements in the Media component .
- Multiple improvements in the Build/Test Tools component .
WordPress 5. 6th has lots of refinements towards the developer experience. To keep up, sign up for the Create WordPress Core blog and pay special attention to the developers’ notes for updates on all those and other changes that could impact your products.
How you can Help
If you think you have found a bug, you are able to post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support discussion boards. We’d love to hear from you!